JULY 19-21: Panel Speaker at ADVANTAGE 2022 / Voluntary Week Virtual Conference. My topic was “Communicating The Value Of Voluntary Employee Benefits To An Employer”. This was a three day virtual online symposium with over 70 speakers across the industry sharing their best practices. Was proud to be able to contribute and learn from the other speakers. We all confirmed that 2022 is one of the BEST years to be in voluntary.
JULY 14th: Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM) Kauai Chapter / SHRM Hawaii CE Course provided by Pamela Whitfield: “Workplace 2022: Leveraging Voluntary Benefits to Aid in Recruiting and Retention”. This event was the first in person event since the Pandemic at The Beach House in Poipu (14 in attendance). Mahalo to Jeannine Marin!
JUNE: Invited to be one of the six co-authors of the Voluntary Benefit Association (VBA’s) course: Certified Voluntary Benefit Specialist (CVBS). In June Pamela was asked by the VBA (Voluntary Benefit Association) to contribute content to the course to include topics relating to the following (focus on post-pandemic workplace):
- The Workplace Post-Pandemic (what’s changed)
- Voluntary Benefit Products and solutions that are fresh and relevant in the workplace now
- How to Communicate and Enroll Voluntary in the post-Pandemic world and finally
- How Voluntary fulfills Four of the Five top Voluntary Benefit Trends
Honored to share my curriculum with those who hold this important designation. As a voluntary benefit broker, sharing relevant ideas about post-pandemic voluntary is what I live for and will continue to do for the rest of my career.
AUGUST: Published “Digital Communications – the Rocket Fuel for Successful Virtual Voluntary Enrollments” article on LinkedIn: link here
2022 Opportunity: Leveraging Voluntary to aid in Recruiting & Retention
Written in May of 2022, agency owner Pamela Whitfield’s 33-page eBook highlights the dramatic changes that have occurred in society, the workplace, benefits, technology, remote work, following two years of the Pandemic in the US.
It is basically a summary of the one-hour 98- slide CE Courses (Life & Health & SHRM)
As Covid’s many impacts continue to ripple through our industry, joining the many waves of disruption already faced by benefits professionals, the need for leadership and choosing to partner with a “voice of value” becomes more vital day by the day.
We help our broker partners to “start the conversation” with your clients with these tools:
- My course “Covid & the Workplace 2022: Leveraging Voluntary to Aid in Recruiting & Retention” can be white labeled for your clients and given to used to start the conversation re: smart voluntary
- Our SHRM CE course can be given to the HR professionals that you work with as well as “C Suite” officers – you don’t have to “sell” them on voluntary as well as sharing my eBook
- Pamela can adapt this course for various speaking engagements as needed
View Our Recent Informative Benefits Articles.
“CSR” you might say…what is that? I also
The post-pandemic benefits landscape is forever changed. As
Pamela Whitfield, CVBS 8/6/22
For employers, brokers, and employees Pamela Whitfield –